• Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT);
• Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT);
• Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC);
• Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC); and,
• United Nations Security Council Resolution 1540.
This Issue (Issue 9, October 2011) updates Issue 7 and has been compiled as a result of research undertaken since 2007 by the Norwegian-funded ISS’ “Africa’s Development and the Threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction Project”. This project aims to identify and strengthen Africa’s role in these international efforts in the context of the continent’s developmental imperatives.