Time: 12h30 - 14h30
Venue: Permanent Mission of Japan, Donau-City-Strasse 6, A-1220, Vienna, Austria
This event launches The Bomb: South Africa’s Nuclear Weapons Programme by Nic von Wielligh.
From 1975, von Wielligh helped produce nuclear weapons material, dismantle the nuclear weapons and provide evidence of South Africa’s credentials to the international community.
The author will be joined by a panel of well-known experts who led and participated in the dismantlement of South Africa’s nuclear weapons programme. They will discuss lessons learnt for current and future disarmament and non-proliferation needs.
The book will also be launched in Pretoria on 18 November. More details will become available closer to the time.
- Laura Rockwood, Executive Director, Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
- Noel Stott, Senior Research Fellow, ISS
- Dr Nic von Wielligh, author of The Bomb: South Africa’s Nuclear Weapons Programme
- Jean du Preez, Chief of External Relations, Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
- Neville Whiting, former safeguards manager at SA’s Atomic Energy Corporation and at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Dimitri Perricos, former Head of the IAEA Special Team for Verification of Disarmament in SA
Phone: +43 1 236 94 82 07
Register online: click here
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This event is co-hosted with the Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) and the Verification Research, Training and Information Center (VERTIC) and made possible with funding from the Government of Norway. The ISS is also grateful for support from the following members of the ISS Partnership Forum: governments of Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the USA.